BMAs honor the Best In Midwest Film
December 6, 2017 by Screenmag
Female filmmakers led the winners of the 2017 Best of the Midwest Awards, hosted by the Midwest Independent Film Festival at Landmark’s Century Centre Cinema on Tuesday December 5th. LaRoyce Hawkins (CHICAGO PD) was the emcee for the evening, entertaining the packed crowd of filmmakers and industry luminaries.
Top awards went to THE VIEW FROM TALL for Best Actor, Best Screenplay and Best Feature; SIGNATURE MOVE for Best Cinematography and Best Director; and TANYA for Best Short Film.
"LaRoyce did an amazing job as the host for the evening," said Mike Kwielford, executive director of the Midwest Independent Film Festival. "Monica Raymund was there to win Best Short and Eamonn Walker and others from the crew came out to support, along with cast and crew from all of the films. It was an overall amazing night."
Here is a complete list of the winners:
Best Music Video:
• PULASKI AT NIGHT, directed by Natalie Morales for Andrew Bird
Best Short Film:
• TANYA, directed by Monica Raymund
• Ann Sonneville, MIRIAM IS GOING TO MARS
• Michael Patrick Thornton, THE VIEW FROM TALL
• Savannah Cannistraro, THE GOOD WORK
• Christopher Rejano, SIGNATURE MOVE
Best Animated Film:
• WHERE IT FLOODS, directed by Joel Benjamin
• Caitlin Parrish, THE VIEW FROM TALL
• Jennifer Reeder, SIGNATURE MOVE
Best Feature Film:
• THE VIEW FROM TALL, directed by Erica Weiss and Caitlin Parrish